Visit our Contact page for a list of frequently asked questions.
Emergency/Disaster Assistance Now Available for Qualifying Residents
If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, have a child living with you at home, and earn up to $75,000/year, you may qualify for up to $4,000 (depending on need) of emergency assistance.
This money can be used to pay rent/mortgage, cover home or auto repairs, pay medical or mental health bills, buy food, and more! To apply, visit Colorado.gov/PEAK and apply for Colorado Works/TANF by clicking “Apply for Benefits”. Call us at 720-944-4DHS (4347) with any questions.
Building and Service Operations
All of Denver Human Services’ programs are available online or over the phone at 720-944-4DHS (4347). In most instances, we can help you get what you need without you having to come to our building.
- Visit Colorado.gov/PEAK to apply for food, cash, medical, and child care assistance, and RTD's LiVE transit program.
- Residents seeking help with rent or evictions, mortgage assistance, utility assistance, and property tax relief can visit our Additional Assistance page.
- To apply for the Denver Property Tax Relief Program, please visit Denvergov.org/PropertyTaxRelief.
- Click here for information on how to pay child support payments.
- Need to pick up an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card? Once your application is processed, we will deliver the card to you via priority mail. If you have immediate needs or are unable to receive a card by mail, you may make an appointment to pick up your EBT card in person at our Richard T. Castro Human Services Center (1200 Federal Blvd.). Call 720-944-4DHS (4347) for info or to make an appointment.
- To report the suspected abuse or neglect of a child, call 844-CO-4-KIDS 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Paper applications can be picked up and complete applications can be dropped off at our offices. Find the location nearest you here.
Emergency Food Assistance
Additional food assistance resources are available for Denver residents of all ages who are impacted by COVID-19. Find more information on the City and County of Denver’s COVID-19 Food Assistance page here.